The NEW RID Bookstore Portal Walkthrough and Return Policies for Customers
Bookstore Ordering Information
Placing an Order - Individuals:
- Navigate to https://ridpress.org/ and browse through our catalog.
Consider creating an account first - this allows you to see past orders, manage
addresses and payment information and check out more quickly!
- To view your cart, where you can edit quantities or remove items before checking out, select “VIEW MY CART”
IMPORTANT: Enter and apply any discount codes on the right side of the
CHECK OUT screen, prior to completing your purchase. RID does not have
the ability to modify orders/charges for forgotten codes!
Fill out the fields for SHIPPING your order - or log in if you’ve created an account. Logging in will pre-populate the fields with your account information for you.
Click “Continue to Shipping” and select your preferred shipping method. Double check your address!
Click “Continue to Payment” and enter your payment details and card billing address. You can elect to save your payment information to your account for faster checkout in the future.
That’s it - sit back and relax while your order is prepared for shipment!
Your order confirmation and tracking number will be emailed to the email associated with your account/order within 5 business days.
Placing an Order - Bookstores:
- Bookstores can now apply to receive specially discounted wholesale rates for our titles! These special rates automatically show for all approved wholesale accounts. If the wholesale application has not yet been approved, the special pricing will not show, and we will not process partial refunds for orders placed prior to approval. To set up an account, follow these steps:
- First, navigate to the login/account creation page of our portal at https://ridpress.org/account/login and select “Create Wholesale Account”.
- Enter the requested information. Be sure to enter the email address associated with your company as well as your bookstore website for fastest approval.
- Your application will be submitted for review and approval. This typically takes up to 5 business days. You will receive an email letting you know your account is under review.
- Once approved, you will receive an email notifying you of approval and asking you to activate your account. This must be done before you can order. Once complete, each time you log into your wholesale/bookstore account, you'll see the wholesale/bookstore discount automatically applied to any items in your cart the next time you log in.
- The ordering process from here is the same as for individuals.
Payment Methods Accepted
- For both Individuals AND wholesale/bookstores, the new online bookstore accepts the following payment methods ONLY:
- All major credit cards (Visa, MC, AMEX, Discover)
- Google’s G-Pay express checkout
- Apple Pay
- Shopify’s Shop Pay express checkout
- Checks and money orders are not accepted. All orders must be paid at the time of checkout using an accepted payment method in the cart - we can no longer invoice bookstores for payment on credit terms.
- We offer a discount ordering portal for commercial and college bookstores who would like to purchase our titles! To access these special prices, a representative from the store should request a wholesaler account outlined in the “Ordering for Bookstores” information section.
- All RID Individual and Organizational Members receive a discount code they can enter that grants a 25% discount off all of our titles. These codes change periodically and are communicated directly to members as a benefit of their RID membership.
- While we no longer offer quantity discounts, individuals whose orders total more than $75 qualify for free standard shipping! Free standard shipping is automatically applied at checkout. Free standard shipping is automatically applied at checkout. Free standard shipping is not available for wholesale/bookstore orders above $500.
- Completed orders are packed for shipment by our fulfillment center within 5 business days.
- An email with tracking information is sent to the email address on your ordering account once available.
- All books for individuals are shipped via USPS or FedEx - options include standard shipping, two-day shipping, and overnight shipping. For wholesale/bookstore accounts, shipping is calculated based on total cart weight.
- We can ship internationally - anywhere FedEx or USPS deliver!
Returns Policy for Individual and Bookstore/Wholesale Orders
- RID will accept returns for orders that are the result of shipping error or damage during transit.
- Due to changes in how we operate our bookstore’s fulfillment, RID can no longer accept OVERSTOCK returns from bookstores.
- Damaged or shipped product errors must be reported within thirty (30) business days from the order date to qualify for refund or exchange.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (443) 308-8737 to report order issues, errors or damage.
Desk Copies and Accessible Format Requests
- College Instructors may request a preview desk copy of our titles by filling out the following form: https://form.jotform.com/231928069878070
- Alternate Format Requests for Students with Disabilities:
- If you provide Disability Services for a post-secondary educational institution in the U.S. or Canada and need to obtain material for a student with a documented print disability, please place your request on the AccessText Network. If you are not yet a member of AccessText, please sign up for a free membership at www.accesstext.org. Questions about AccessText can be sent to email@example.com.
- If you are not eligible for AccessText membership, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to place the request.
- How the ATN Portal Works: http://www.accesstext.org/how-it-works